Some information!

Moderator: CM_Admin

Antworten
sturmgeschutzeiii

Some information!

Beitrag von sturmgeschutzeiii » Mittwoch 17. Juni 2009, 20:02

Hi from Greece
Could you please inform me if is it possible to transfer ducats from Northland Bank to my heroe , and if this is possible can make this during the active adventure.
If i understand well ,this game is based in Dark Eye Basic Rules ,do you know how i can obtain (buy) the book of rules from the internet
Thank you in advance
Apostolos[/b]

CM_Admin
Site Admin

Beitrag von CM_Admin » Mittwoch 17. Juni 2009, 22:55

Hi Apostolos, and HI to GREECE :D,

Transfer of ducats from the Northland Bank to a hero is only possible if your hero is currently NOT "playing" an adventure. So you have to decide how much ducats you will spend your hero before starting an adventure. (In most cases and presumed your hero is successful :wink:, he will close an adventure with more ducats than starting it.)

Check out our website for more information about the game's rules. However, we'll find out for you, if the TDE Basic Rules are available online as PDF i. e. Stay tuned ...

deadz

Beitrag von deadz » Mittwoch 17. Juni 2009, 23:20

btw...i wonder what are the difference between the Dark Eye tabletop RPG system rules and TDE game rules? i see that character generation is competely remade but what about combat rules are they same as in tabletop DSA or they are remade too?

CM_Admin
Site Admin

Beitrag von CM_Admin » Donnerstag 18. Juni 2009, 00:08

We stay closely to The Dark Eye RPG system. The TDE tabletop system (itself an offshoot) is not considered at all here.

deadz

Beitrag von deadz » Donnerstag 18. Juni 2009, 00:26

CM_Admin hat geschrieben:We stay closely to The Dark Eye RPG system.
i read the dark eye 4th edition of 2001. there you first get 100 points to distribute between 8 attributes then you get some skill points to distribute - amount based on IN and CL.
in TDE you get some adventure points and they are spent when you increase both attributes and skills...
pretty much difference...

CM_Admin
Site Admin

Beitrag von CM_Admin » Donnerstag 18. Juni 2009, 00:39

The actual TDE system is edition 4.1

By generating a new character you get 110 points to distribute between 8 attributes, and bonuses at Vitality Points, Endurance Points, and Social Standing, depending on the chosen archetype.

sturmgeschutzeiii

Beitrag von sturmgeschutzeiii » Donnerstag 18. Juni 2009, 00:49

Danke CM_Admin :D

deadz

Beitrag von deadz » Donnerstag 18. Juni 2009, 00:52

CM_Admin hat geschrieben:The actual TDE system is edition 4.1

By generating a new character you get 110 points to distribute between 8 attributes, and bonuses at Vitality Points, Endurance Points, and Social Standing, depending on the chosen archetype.
yes there is 110 points total but only 100 of them can be placed into attibutes.and the number can be modified by advantages and disadvantages...
i would really like to read edition 4.1 though but i cant because there is no english version of it and i dont know german :oops:

The point of my previous post was that there are some differences between character generation in TDE and DSA.
And the question was are there differences in combat rules (like special abilities etc)

GTStar

Beitrag von GTStar » Donnerstag 18. Juni 2009, 00:58

CM_Admin hat geschrieben:The actual TDE system is edition 4.1

Added information:

Most of those 110 GP are already spent for attributes etc. when you generate your hero. The rest is already converted in Adventure Points and can be spend on attributes OR talents.

So the step of taking left GP and converting it in Adventure Points after setting the attributes is left out by starting with Adventures Points.

CM_Admin
Site Admin

Beitrag von CM_Admin » Donnerstag 18. Juni 2009, 01:11

deadz hat geschrieben:the number can be modified by advantages and disadvantages...
You're right for the Pen&Paper system. But we - with this computerized system - do not support advantages and disadvantages of the TDE 4.1 edition, nor the 4.0 edition. This would cause too many unresolveable difficulties.

As programmer of the official computerized TDE-Tools for the TDE-P&P version 3.0 and 3.1 I know what I am talking about. (If you want to take a look at them - only in German and aged 1995 -, you can download the program from our website: http://www.chromatrix.com/DSATOOLS.EXE).

CM_Admin
Site Admin

Beitrag von CM_Admin » Donnerstag 18. Juni 2009, 01:29

deadz hat geschrieben:The point of my previous post was that there are some differences between character generation in TDE and DSA.
And the question was are there differences in combat rules (like special abilities etc)
To prevent any upsets for gamers: There is only one rule-set for our game. There are no differences between languages. Character generation, combat rules, adventures, and anything else are simply the same for all heroes.

deadz

Beitrag von deadz » Donnerstag 18. Juni 2009, 07:16

CM_Admin hat geschrieben: As programmer of the official computerized TDE-Tools for the TDE-P&P version 3.0 and 3.1 I know what I am talking about. (If you want to take a look at them - only in German and aged 1995 -, you can download the program from our website: http://www.chromatrix.com/DSATOOLS.EXE).
that was a long ago...i remember great game series Realms of Arcania from that times

Metibor

Beitrag von Metibor » Montag 22. Juni 2009, 19:35

CM_Admin hat geschrieben:However, we'll find out for you, if the TDE Basic Rules are available online as PDF i. e. Stay tuned ...
Hi there, DriveThruRPG offers The Dark Eye Basic Rules in PDF format!

Greetings
Metibor

GTStar

Beitrag von GTStar » Montag 22. Juni 2009, 23:24

Antworten