looking for a spoiler

Moderator: CM_Admin

Antworten
deadz

looking for a spoiler

Beitrag von deadz » Mittwoch 17. Juni 2009, 13:59

Usually i dont ask for spoilers but here i am kinda puzzled. I got the evidence of smuggling - the papers and daggers and the statue. But when i return to Ferdok i get no option like "go to Count or somebody else and hand in the evidence". Instead Tashmann meet me i tell him that i am bringing statue to temple. Then i go to temple the priest says he cant help with evidence. And then i meet Tashmann again and tells me to go to some tavern where i get killed at night (despite the fact i did NOT tell Tashmann that i found the evidence). OR i can tell him that i am leaving city and then the adventure ends absruptly and in this case i dont use this evidence which i gained with such effort. Is there any way to my character to NOT be such a fool going to that tavern but instead go to Count with evidence?
Zuletzt geändert von deadz am Montag 22. Juni 2009, 18:59, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.

CM_Admin
Site Admin

Beitrag von CM_Admin » Mittwoch 17. Juni 2009, 16:46

Both adventures were designed as pre-story for the PC-title Drakensang www.drakensang.com In that game you will meet all the bad guys again and you will definitely put a stop on their activities. Therefore you cannot interfere that story in Path of Death.

The best end in Path of Death is calm down and to drink a beer in the tavern.

I (the author of these both adventures) know, this is not an heroic ending as you were probably looking for. For a beginner in an adventurer's career, I think, the end is an authentic closure in a "little bit more realistic" fantasy world.

I hope, this will not keep you from playing another adventure. :wink:

Stefan

deadz

Beitrag von deadz » Mittwoch 17. Juni 2009, 17:03

ah i see. so those proofs are not usable.okay nevermind.

i was asking that because i see in hall of fame that somebody playing same adventure got like 150 adventure points more than me so i thought that there is some way to hand in the proof and get more points...

and yes i played drakensang. great graphics and story but that pseudo-real-time combat system isnt the best thing for DSA game ..it would be better if there were turn-based combats...

deadz

Beitrag von deadz » Montag 22. Juni 2009, 19:01

looking for another spoiler for "among the pirates"
i already finished this adventure and found the princess but i wonder about where you should get the amulet that protects you from sea monster? i am sertain i visited every place in daspota and talked to everybody but nobody ever offered me the amulet and when i went to sea on boat i was asked if i have the amulet and who sold it to me but i have no idea.

CM_Admin
Site Admin

Beitrag von CM_Admin » Montag 22. Juni 2009, 19:22

Yeah, this is a great one. Have you ever played a pen&paper RPG as a game master and you bring up your last big super-special-ultra-rare monster against the group of heroes? Great final! - What happens? Some smart adventurer comes up with an amulet especially to kill your monster in a sudden death.

As you may have noticed, "Among Pirates!" shows some humor with a twinkle in one's eye. That's the same with the amulet for the sea monster. To tell you the truth: There is no such amulet in the game. But it is supposed you may want to lie in that situation by presenting it and to kill the sea monster. :wink: Yeah, see what happens if you're playing "unfair". :lol:

deadz

Beitrag von deadz » Montag 22. Juni 2009, 20:08

CM_Admin hat geschrieben:Yeah, this is a great one. Have you ever played a pen&paper RPG as a game master and you bring up your last big super-special-ultra-rare monster against the group of heroes? Great final! - What happens? Some smart adventurer comes up with an amulet especially to kill your monster in a sudden death.
:lol:
as a game master i would never give an adventurer such amulet from the very beginning.

and there are more effective methods of killing group of adventureres than a super-special-ultra-monster. for example making a other group of NPC adventurers hunting for some quest and making an ambush) of course such group can feature mages archers and fighters with maxed out stats (according to game rules) :lol:

though currently i have only just started playing DSA campaing with a tiny group of only 2 players who managed to nearly get beaten by a simple lowly ogre...only a mercenary NPC saved them...

CM_Admin
Site Admin

Beitrag von CM_Admin » Montag 22. Juni 2009, 21:43

deadz hat geschrieben:as a game master i would never give an adventurer such amulet from the very beginning.
Sure. But think of playing at some convention with people you just met. Almost a typical situation every time. The amulet may only be a placeholder here. :lol:
deadz hat geschrieben:though currently i have only just started playing DSA campaing with a tiny group of only 2 players who managed to nearly get beaten by a simple lowly ogre...only a mercenary NPC saved them...
Have fun ... and keep staying alive. :wink:

deadz

Beitrag von deadz » Montag 22. Juni 2009, 22:02

CM_Admin hat geschrieben: Have fun ... and keep staying alive. :wink:
i mean i am game master... and i am trying to NOT kill them because one of them is a explorer with no combat skills and other is a hunter...

Antworten