Is the English game dying?

Moderator: CM_Admin

Is the English game dying?

Beitragvon lightsol » Montag 31. Oktober 2011, 23:48

Im just wondering, because its been around 2 years since the last posts. Does it really take that long to update the adventures and add new content?
lightsol

Beitragvon CM_Admin » Dienstag 1. November 2011, 15:08

We are currently working on an Android/iOS turnbased strategy game in The Dark Eye universe and even one more project ... :x Due to limited personal resources we have to prioritize ... and therefore ... Mea culpa! ... English versions of the solo-adventures are on hold. :oops: Hopefully we can come up with better news in just a few months.
CM_Admin
Site Admin

Beitragvon lightsol » Dienstag 1. November 2011, 16:35

Would it be possible to do some community translating assisting? I bet there would be quite a few people who would be willing to work on the translations, if not, i would be willing to work on them myself.
I am an avid fan of CYOA line of games, and when i found these games in one of my favourite universes, it got me quite a bit excited, but the low update rate is a bit saddening.
lightsol

Beitragvon CM_Admin » Donnerstag 3. November 2011, 20:45

Translation itself is not that difficult. Breaking into lots of programmed sentences is a big workload.
CM_Admin
Site Admin

Beitragvon CM_Admin » Freitag 4. November 2011, 00:19

lightsol hat geschrieben:i would be willing to work on them myself.

By the way: If you are able to read German, you can simple switch to German language in the "Account"-window, and back and forth without limitation.

You can play all adventures you paid for and naturally all adventures for free in both languages.
CM_Admin
Site Admin

Beitragvon Ayrina » Dienstag 29. November 2011, 04:34

I would also be willing to work on the translation, btw. :D
Ayrina

Beitragvon CxR2262 » Sonntag 29. Januar 2012, 02:09

Could be proved wrong when it comes out, but I'm not super excited about what you described for the android market. I can however play TDE-Games on my Android phone using it's web browser, so an app-interface for that could be nice. But more importantly the missing adventures in English!!!!
CxR2262

Beitragvon CM_Admin » Montag 30. Januar 2012, 16:00

It's a matter of cost-effectiveness. Currently we develop three turnbased RPG-Strategy games for Android and iOS with the "The Dark Eye" universe. We'll see what we are willing to do with the browsergame on Android and iOS in English after finishing this work.
CM_Admin
Site Admin

Zurück zu General Questions and Information