Please, help me! Trouble with saving a Hero.

Moderatoren: TheGrey, CM_Admin

Please, help me! Trouble with saving a Hero.

Beitragvon olegek » Donnerstag 13. Mai 2004, 06:17

I have downloaded the first TDA adventure - The Caliph's Daugther.
I have finished it but I can't upload (save) my Hero to the website of chromatrix.com.
I have tried to save my Hero 10 times and every time I have received a message which says: "ERROR java.io.IOException"
I properly typed my username (letters) and password (figures). GPRS and WAP is working on the phone perfectly. I can surf the web without any problems. Model of the phone is SonyEricsson Z600. Version of software on the phone is R5B001.
Please, help me to upload my Hero. I can't wait to start another TDE adventure.
Also, please, answer in English. Unfortunately, I can't understand German.
olegek

Beitragvon CM_Admin » Donnerstag 13. Mai 2004, 10:29

To manage the upload you have to find out the correct GPRS-HTML-setting. This depends on your carrier (telco-provider). Check the carrier's website for the necessary information. This link http://forum.chromatrix.com/viewtopic.php?p=1334#1334 gives you an impression what to look for. We only know the settings of the major german carriers. The GPRS-HTML-setting may differ from the GPRS-WAP-setting.

Once you get the right settings please activate this connection profile on your phone before starting the game, then continue playing. As you told, you already finished it. So you should be able to upload your hero immediately.

Don't forget to switch to the WAP-setting back before downloading the next game. Otherwise the SMS will be lost. After installing a second adventure, switch again to the HTML-setting before starting the game. Then download your hero.

If you are successful, please post your carrier and the settings here in our forum. This will help other gamers. THX
CM_Admin
Site Admin

Beitragvon branxx » Dienstag 23. November 2004, 17:48

Hi there,

I fear I am experiencing the same problems and are receiving the same error message.
I am a dutch telfort user, and have tried obtaining the right information on their page. They have a service in which I can request their correct properties which are then send to my phone automatically. I can choose either their properties for
a: telfort mobile internet (GSM)
b: telfort MMS

I have recieved both when I first downloaded the game through their site, and obviously this worked. But now I can't upload my character.

What exactly do you mean by switching the wap settings back?
I'll try contacting telfort as well, but If anyone here thinks they hold the solution I'd be much obliged.

ps. I play the game on a Samsung E700

Ciau
branxx

Beitragvon CM_Admin » Dienstag 23. November 2004, 23:24

Hi branxx,

unfortunately you will not be able to upload your hero with a Samsung E700 at all. The Samsung E700 firmware does for some reason not provide a correct internet connection via HTTP-protocol or blocks it totally. This problem has nothing to do with telfort. You are one of the unlucky E700 users. We are sorry. :cry:
CM_Admin
Site Admin

Beitragvon branxx » Mittwoch 24. November 2004, 20:59

well ain't that something.
To bad :(
Guess i'm gonna have to fight this out with my provider then, since they advertised with this option and it was one of the main reasons I bought the game.
Any idea if this will be possible in the future, or is new firmware from samsungs side the only way this is possible?
branxx

Beitragvon CM_Admin » Mittwoch 24. November 2004, 23:29

To be realistic, do not hope that any manufacturer - not only Samsung - will fix any bug in their firmware as long as they do not get very high pressure from millions of customers and(!) carriers because of really serious problems.

The HTTP-Bug is not serious at all for Samsung to fix. Or they have security reasons to not implement that feature. We don't know.

Even the Shut-Down-Bug on the E700 seems to hurt nobody that much that they fix it. You know that bug? Just start any application and do not press any key for approximately 90 up to 120 seconds. Then the application will be shut down automatically. (It's not a bug. It's a feature.)
CM_Admin
Site Admin

Zurück zu TDE-Mobile: Technical and Content Issues